You’ve invested in a premium Taste Tee Shirt, it looks great, but how do you make it stay that way?
We all know that clothes stretch out, change their shape, colours fade if they are not properly cared for. It doesn’t happen right away but eventually, colours will gradually fade and the fuzzies will come out but after a while, your shirt will lose its looks.
Let’s go over a couple of easy points to get the most out of your recently purchase shirt. The last thing we want is for you to spend your hard earned money on a shirt that will only look like a pale comparison of the original in a few months time.
- Turn the shirt inside before washing them.
- When clothing is thrown into the washing machine fabrics rub together and causes friction that fades the colour of the surface exposed. This applies to all types of apparel such as jeans.
- Wash similar clothing together
- Just like turning clothes inside out, washing similar clothing together has the same effect. Rough jeans with sharp zippers will rub against the delicate texture of a soft shirt. This will affect the texture, tear the delicate clothing or peel the print.
- Use cold water to wash
- Heat is harsh, it will take off the harshest dirt and grime but will also gradually leak the colours of the dye.
- Avoid using bleach
- Not only bleach but also any other strong detergents like fabric softeners which can dissolve the adhesive on adhesives in cad cut vinyl. Instead, go for milder soaps that will do just fine. Use non-chlorine bleach using the spot bleaching technique on white garments only when necessary
- Don’t use the dryer
- At all costs! Dryers are great because they save us time, but they’re particularly terrible for clothes. Remember what I told you about heat? The same thing applies here. They not only shrink garments but can also make prints peel or crack. Save the machine for sheets and towels, but hang your clothes in the old fashion way. You should also avoid dry cleaners for the same reasons. If you are in a hurry, use the tumble dry setting on low making sure your shirt is still inside-out
- Hang Dry, but do it the right way
- Hang your clothes in a place where they don’t get direct contact with sunlight. Light (especially coming from the sun) is particularly dangerous for colours. But, you may wonder, I wear T-shirts to go outside all the time and it’s fine. Yes, that’s true, but even though you go out, you rarely spend long hours with sunlight hitting you directly. Check this post for more details about Hang Drying.
- Stay away from irons
- Again, heat not good. If you absolutely must iron your printed garment (because of a fancy date or whatever) then we’d the advice to use the lowest setting and iron the garment turned inside out.
- Do not dry clean
- Dry cleaners clean off oil base states and not water based stains. Your shirt is worn close to your body and may soak up the sweats and best be cleaned mild soap and cold water instead. Your shirts may also be at the mercy of a potentially abusive shirt cleaner. ?
Bet you didn’t know all these stuff… Well, now you know! 🙂
Taste Tee Shirts are premium in quality and durable compared to the bargain bin shirts. Our shirts are made to last with proper care.
Read the care label on the garment behind the neck. It has important information on how to care for your specific shirt. Each style of shirt is made with different materials which need a specific care condition. You can’t miss it the label. Remember the memorize the care instructions before you tear it off.
If you follow all these points you may be surprised that your t-shirt may last a few years instead of a few months.